Standalone JPM application launch (tested on Windows 7 and XP)
Assumption: Java 1.6 or above is installed on your system and JAVA_HOME environment variable is set.
- Download wampserver and install, this will take care of mysql on your system if you dont have one already. http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php
- Install the downloaded wampserver. Make sure the username of your mysql is root and no password
- Start wamp server (Double click the icon created my wampserver during installation). Make sure the username of your mysql is root and no password
- Download any other mysql database client like sqlyog/navicat and use this in step 4 below.
- Create a database named userplay in your mysql (Do not bother about the content of the database as that has been taken care of).
- Download the deployment zip file (http://www.4shared.com/file/TXNXqDDf/jboss-700CR1.html)
and unzip it into any location of your choice.
- Navigate your way to (…\jboss-7.0.0.CR1\bin) preferably using cmd prompt
- At \bin type: standalone.bat
- Note that standalone.bat is for windows operating system while standalone.sh is for linux.
- Wait for some seconds till jboss has fully started then go to your browser and launch with this url
- Enjoy the application.
Lets have your feedback.